Just like pursuing your college education is part of planning for your future, so is learning how to manage your money. The FCCU Foundation can help with our SmartMoney Workshops, currently offered at TCC, FAMU, FSU, and Chipola College.
Our SmartMoney Workshops focus on empowering you by covering the fundamentals of budgeting, managing money, getting out of debt, understanding credit, paying for college, and much more!
In addition, a First Commerce Financial Services Officer will be available onsite at each workshop for any one-on-one conversations students would like to have – a resource that is available to our members anytime. We will also have prizes and giveaways for attendees.
Monthly topics include:
- Paying for College 101: What you need to know about financing college expenses
- Score! How to understand and improve your credit score
- Money for Pizza: Managing your money to make ends meet
- Take Charge: How to get out of credit card debt
- Extra Credit: Understanding how credit works
- The “B” Word: How to build a better budget (and stick to it)
- ID Check: Protect your identity from scammers & stealers
- Rent Roulette: Your guide for smarter renting
- Living on Your Own Dime: Tips for financial independence
- I Graduated...Now What?: Repaying student loans