At First Commerce, we realize The Power of You. That’s why we created the MyWay Checking account, which has been recognized as a national award-winning program. Now, we want to take it a step further. We’re offering our MyWay Checking account members age 18-29 an opportunity to win one of two $1,000 scholarships.
By choosing our MyWay Checking account with tools to help you stay on top of your account and learn about managing your money, you’ve already shown you know how to make smart choices – now, take it to the next level by applying for a MyWay Scholarship!
Annually, two $1,000 MyWay Scholarships will be awarded to MyWay members who demonstrate excellence in school and beyond. Scholarships will be paid directly to your institution of higher learning ($1,000 for the following semester) and may be used toward school expenses including tuition, fees, and books.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, exclusively for MyWay members - First Commerce believes in The Power of You!
- Must be current MyWay Checking account account holder
- Must be currently enrolled or enrolling in any two or four year college/university, technical school, or graduate program
- A minimum of a 3.0 cumulative unweighted grade point average (GPA)
- Community and/or school/work activities
HOW TO APPLY:
- Read all instructions completely and thoroughly.
- Complete the application below with your information and the following documents:
- A copy of your most recent school transcript (unofficial) including your GPA and ACT or SAT scores, if available
- A one-page essay on the following topic:
- What have you learned about money so far (good and bad) and how has it affected your approach to finances?
- OR you may choose to answer the above topic in a two to three minute video. The video must be uploaded to YouTube and a link to the video must be included in application below if you choose this option.
- Essays must be double-spaced in at least 12-point font with 1” margins
- Optional: Up to two additional supporting documents of your choice, not to exceed five pages in length.
- Application and supporting documents must be received by Monday, March 25, 2019. No Exceptions.
- Email KMiller@firstcommercecu.org or MyWayScholarship@FirstCommerceCU.org with questions.
Application is closed at this time.