At First Commerce, we realize The Power of You. That’s why we created the MyWay Checking account, which has been recognized as a national award-winning program. Now, we want to take it a step further. We’re offering our MyWay Checking account members age 18-29 an opportunity to win one of two $1,000 scholarships.
By choosing our MyWay Checking account with tools to help you stay on top of your account and learn about managing your money, you’ve already shown you know how to make smart choices – now, take it to the next level by applying for a MyWay Scholarship!
Twice a year, two $1,000 MyWay Scholarships will be awarded to MyWay members who demonstrate excellence in school and beyond. Scholarships will be paid directly to your institution of higher learning ($1,000 for the following semester) and may be used toward school expenses including tuition, fees, and books.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, exclusively for MyWay members - First Commerce believes in The Power of You!
- Must be current MyWay Checking account account holder
- Must be currently enrolled or enrolling in any two or four year college/university, technical school, or graduate program
- A minimum of a 3.0 cumulative unweighted grade point average (GPA)
- Community and/or school/work activities
HOW TO APPLY:
- Read all instructions completely and thoroughly.
- Complete the application below with your information and the following documents:
- A copy of your most recent school transcript (unofficial) including your GPA and ACT or SAT scores, if available
- A one-page essay on the following topic:
- What have you learned about money so far (good and bad) and how has it affected your approach to finances?
- OR you may choose to answer the above topic in a two to three minute video. The video must be uploaded to YouTube and a link to the video must be included in application below if you choose this option.
- Essays must be double-spaced in at least 12-point font with 1” margins
- Optional: Up to two additional supporting documents of your choice, not to exceed five pages in length.
- Application and supporting documents must be received by Saturday, March 17, 2018. No Exceptions.
- Email KMiller@firstcommercecu.org or MyWayScholarship@FirstCommerceCU.org with questions.
* First Commerce will award two $1,000 scholarships to be paid directly to the school where the recipient is or will be enrolled in the SPRING 2018 semester. In order to be considered, applicants must be MyWay checking account holders. If an applicant who has another type of First Commerce checking account applies for a scholarship, (s)he agrees that by submission of their application, FCCU is permitted to convert their checking account to MyWay checking. First Commerce team members and their immediate family are not eligible to apply. Applicants and winners acknowledge their name, likeness, and information from their application and/or essay/video may be used in future credit union marketing materials. Winner’s information is subject to verification and proof of acceptance to a college/university/technical school must be provided. Applicants are welcome to reapply in future scholarship cycles; however, scholarship will be awarded only once per person (previous winners may not apply). All decisions by the selection committee, which includes educators and other community representatives, are final.